The building is from the eighteenth century, originally it was a palace and stood on the outside of the medieval walls of the town. It was of poor appearance and poor functionality and for this reason in 1922 a design competition for its renovation was convened. The competition was won by a project presented by Joaquim Moragas and Francesc Maristany. This project changed the interior layout completely and gave an elegant appearance to the exterior, as it appears nowadays. The work started in 1922 and finished in June 1923.
Nowadays it is used in a lot of public and private events, for meetings and banquets.The building takes on a remarkable character marked by volumetric and ornamental elements that give note of distinction and elegance.
The main facade has a stepped profile that begins with the tower at the corner of Enmedio Street and reduces its height to the level of two floors. The opposite corner of the main facade is also topped with a tower that absorbs the changing heights with the lateral façade, which enters the garden.
The ground floor is distinguished from the rest by its treatment as a base, with run base and horizontal grooves in the walls. The intentional separation of this plant is produced through the balcony balustrade that marks the beginning of the composition of the upper levels. In these plants, vertical holes are reinforced by ornamental elements worked in stone.
It is an example of significant building by function, location and as well resolved case of a proposed reform. This building became one of the most representatives of Castellón, coinciding with the first work of an architect of great career such as Francesc Maristany Casajuana.