logo

Deputy Mayor’s office of the Grao of Castellón

Before the Civil War, this building housed the harbor’s trade union headquarters. After the war, the building was seized by the new regime and affiliated with the Spanish Falangist Movement. In the 1950’s, it was ceded to City Hall, who outfitted the building to be a Council Office. After the democratic transition, the UGT (General Union of Workers) along with the union of longshoremen demanded the building which left the Grao without any municipal buildings.

Related